First Aid (FAR)
3 Day course, Highly practical, meets HSA requirements.
This course is recommended by the Dept of Children and Youth Affairs for those working in Childcare.There is no accredited first aid course specifically for use with children and it has been the practice for staff in early years services to undertake training that has been adapted to take account of paediatric emergencies.
This course is focused on practical skills and scenario training, this is backed up with the theory sessions to provide the solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
This course is focused on practical skills and scenario training
- Meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
- Develops a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.
- A replacement for Occupational First Aid
- Recognised by Health & Safety Authority from 1st November 2016
Objective First Aid Responder Course - On completion of this course participants will have the skills to:
- deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
- provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
- provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
- display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
What First Aid Responder course includes
- Incident management
- Cardiac emergencies
- Patient Assessment
- Injury management & Shock
- Care of Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical injuries
- Common Medical emergencies
- Adult C.P.R. & AED
- Infant C.P.R & AED
Duration: 3 Days
Student: Instructor Ratio 6:1
Certification: 2 Year certification of Competence, from Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council recognised by Health & Safety Authority, following successful assessments.